Identify underperforming flights, connect them to travelers and maximize your flight revenue.
Technology in Aviation
Yieldr Air was built exclusively for airlines. Our engineers have built a software platform that brings relevant data to one central place. It then uses AI to predict customer needs. Airlines can use this info to target travelers for specific flights with an underperforming load factor. The end game is optimized revenues and profits.
The analytics is broken into two main parts. First is flights data. Here, historical flight performance and real-time market data are used to forecast and identify revenue opportunities. Second is traveler data. Traveler behavior and history are collected. Machine learning is then used to predict flights and ancillary products that potential customers might buy.
If you’ve been on our website, you might have already seen the four pillars of Yieldr Air – Collect, Analyze, Activate, and Collaborate. Here’s how it works in the platform.
How does it work? Firstly, the Yieldr tag is added to your airline’s website for each stage of the customer purchase funnel. The data from the website is combined with that from your RM system or PSS. We also collect information from meta searchers and data about real-world events from PredictHQ.
In Yieldr Air, objectives can be set by adding the load factor and revenue targets for different routes.
This data is clearly visualized in the Flights dashboard of the Yieldr Air platform. This helps you to easily identify underperforming market groups, routes or flights and take action. Yieldr provides an easy way to interpret airline performance and shows where you can make the media spend and pricing adjustments needed to meet revenue goals.
All the data collected means that airlines can know beforehand where challenges might pop up, and take action before they even become a problem.
See any routes or flights in danger of not reaching targets? You can drill down on the audience in the Analytics dashboard. Yieldr tracks information about your potential customers and shows the number of unique visitors per funnel step, country, device type and traffic source.
All of this is pretty useful info to understand the demand for specific clusters of flights. For example, you might want to see how many people use mobile to search for flights, or if your email marketing campaigns are driving people to specific routes.
This is where our integration with Emarsys comes into play. Yieldr Air lets you save segments of customers who are likely to book specific flights. You’ll see your saved segments in the Segments dashboard. We’ve set up an easy way to share these segments with Emarsys so you can advertise to the right people, with personalized messages for each individual traveler.
This spans across online ads and email marketing – including abandoned cart emails, which let you recommend specific flights that an individual is highly likely to be interested in.
In the end, you’ll connect the right traveler to the seats that matter the most, all while making each flight more profitable.
We believe that Yieldr Air is a solid platform to bring different teams together. Having all the relevant info in one place optimizes teamwork and presents a common goal for everyone to work towards.
Recover Lost Revenue
81.7% of travelers add a product to an online cart but never pay for it
Your digital marketing campaigns have great click-throughs and you are generating lots of traffic to your website.
However, you notice that a lot of users are dropping off without making a purchase because they want some time to think about their potential itinerary. A number of users are even selecting flights, but get cold feed before completing the purchase.
In order to really understand your lost passengers and trigger the final booking, you need to know the behaviours and preferences of those individuals.
- You need to extract all the information possible in order to send a truly personalized message immediately through your direct messaging channels.
- All of the data collected is ready for you to analyze in order to serve up fully tailored messaging through Emarsys. Go one step further and use this aggregated information to analyze all of your traveler behavior to present machine learning recommendations that will drive your conversion rates.
- Put your data, understanding and the prediction of your traveler preferences quickly to work and convince them to finalize their booking with personalized abandoned cart emails which you can set up easily in the Emarsys
Emarsys is fully integrated into our platform and make it easy to fit Yieldr into how you already communicate with you travelers.
VivaAir used our abandoned cart feature and saw a transaction growth across email distribution channels using our custom segments.
Promote Underperforming Flights
30-60% of media budgets are spent on selling flights already in full demand. Meanwhile a number of underperforming flights never get the promotion they need. With 18.5% going unsold globally and the revenue opportunity of specific seats or bundles unfulfilled, that budget should be put to work.
- In order to align opportunity and challenge to drive revenue, flight and customer data sources must be digested, structured and connected.
- Yieldr can collect data on your travelers and ingest additional user data from your CRM warehouse. This data can be connected to data from your Revenue Management software, PSS Operational Data Storage or be received directly through our API.
- Identify revenue opportunities seamlessly through easy-to-use flights dashboards that make the most important revenue dynamics easy to understand.
- Find travelers that could be willing to buy exactly those seats that you identified as adding the most incremental revenue. Understand those travelers and their behavior through our Traveler Analytics.
By shifting ad spend towards hard to sell flights and leveraging audience insights, Volaris was able to increase its revenue and optimize its resources and budget.
Specifically, Volaris was able to double sales volume on underperforming flights most in need of an extra boost. Additionally, the Mexican low-cost carrier was able to reallocate budget from flights already in full demand, thus cutting wasted media spend by 15%.
Yieldr is a software as a service company bringing efficiency and increased profitability to the multi-billion dollar aviation industry with its marketing automation technology.
Yieldr UK (HQ)
1 Fetter Lane
EC4A 1BR London
Stadhouderskade 85 – 6
1073 AT Amsterdam
+31 85 87 71 018